Mine has things on it like keeping the kids safe, living somewhere, electricity.
My kids have an entirely different worldview.
For instance, I just had this conversation with Donovan (age 5):
Donovan: :::full-on wailing and gnashing of teeth::: But I never get to do anything!
Me: Neither do I, because I'm so tired after staying up all night trying to get you to bed.
You get to use the Roku remote. :::more wailing:::
When you grow up and buy a Roku, you can use the remote as much as you want.
:::choking sobs and giant tears::: BUT I NEVER GROW UP! Every DAY, I never grow up! :::WHAAAHHHH:::::
Following is a partial list of Things That Are A Big Deal:
- Where you sit in the car, worthy of extreme hollering and possible serious injury of a sibling or two.
- Where you sit on the couch. Violence-worthy.
- Who got the red popsicle.
- Where any given sibling's feet happen to be at any given moment.
- Where any given sibling happens to be looking at any given moment.
- Somebody ate a Frito.
- Growing out of your shoes.
- Not wearing leggings as pants - worthy of throwing all your real pants out a window.
- Who your mom may be speaking with on the phone.
- What your brother had for breakfast three weeks ago.
- Cheeze-It flavors.