Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Apr 6, 2012

Hello, World

Hello, Interwebz.

I know my last post was all about Christmas, and it's been awhile since I've been here. I'm assuming that, because my Christmas tree is still standing proud in my living room. It seems the rest of the world has moved on?

Easter is here (almost), so I've decided to leave the tree up so the Easter Bunny has another place to hide eggs. What's so wrong with that?

I've been very busy with work and with raising my kids, and it seems that the whole raising kids thing is really best done by two parents. Who knew? Donovan (age 4) is grounded for eternity because he said "butthole" to the neighbor boy, and the other kids are grounded on general principle because Donovan knew what "butthole" meant.

With my schooling being finished, I've found that I have less patience with my kids' school. Huston is now scared to take notes back to his teacher because we are equally sarcastic.

Teacher: Huston got a zero on his pre-COGATSJGSG test, because it was turned in late.
Me: So....he got a zero on a fake standardized test?
Teacher: Yes.
Me: So....I can't care less if I try.

Teacher: Huston told me he doesn't like hard work.
Me: Um...neither do I. Do you??? Is he doing his work?
Teacher: Yes, but he has a "bad attitude" about it.
Me: Is the attitude directed more toward school or to you?
Teacher: How 'bout I just write you notes and you don't answer them.
Me: Um, sounds fantastic.

Huston: Mom, I'm not taking these notes to class anymore.

And I've decided to marry a chiropractor, because they rule the world.