Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

May 16, 2013

Kids: The Original Drama Queens

I am forever in awe of the difference between my kids' lists of Things That Are A Big Deal and my own list.

Mine has things on it like keeping the kids safe, living somewhere, electricity.

My kids have an entirely different worldview.

For instance, I just had this conversation with Donovan (age 5):

Donovan: :::full-on wailing and gnashing of teeth::: But I never get to do anything!

Me: Neither do I, because I'm so tired after staying up all night trying to get you to bed.

You get to use the Roku remote. :::more wailing:::

When you grow up and buy a Roku, you can use the remote as much as you want.

:::choking sobs and giant tears::: BUT I NEVER GROW UP! Every DAY, I never grow up! :::WHAAAHHHH:::::

Following is a partial list of Things That Are A Big Deal:
  • Where you sit in the car, worthy of extreme hollering and possible serious injury of a sibling or two.
  • Where you sit on the couch. Violence-worthy.
  • Who got the red popsicle. 
  • Where any given sibling's feet happen to be at any given moment.
  • Where any given sibling happens to be looking at any given moment.
  • Somebody ate a Frito.
  • Growing out of your shoes.
  • Not wearing leggings as pants - worthy of throwing all your real pants out a window.
  • Who your mom may be speaking with on the phone.
  • What your brother had for breakfast three weeks ago.
  • Cheeze-It flavors.