Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

May 14, 2013

Not a Huge Fan of People, but They Can be Funny

If you don't watch the White House press conferences, you should start. I never get political on this blog - I will probably start. But that's not what this is about. This is about watching Jay Carney say the word "unfettered" enough times to make the word the number one trending topic on Twitter.

My favorite tweet of the day, "After listening to Jay Carney talk, I feel like I have been tarred and fettered."

I have just a touch of a sarcastic side. My 11 year old has found it buried deep within my usually sunny personality, and he has adopted it for his own.

He got a "Thunder Dip" ice cream cone tonight.
I asked him what flavor it was. He took a taste, considered, then said, "Westbrook."

Which should have been the end of his wit for the evening, because some children respect their mama and let her be the funniest person in the family, but some children just have to keep talking until they win.

We had this conversation:
(I should preface this by explaining that we've had some discussions about drugs in the past, and how it really is a problem everyone should be aware of. I was NOT doing drugs in middle school - and that's not sarcastic!)

Huston: Were you really offered drugs in middle school?

Me: Yes.

So, someone walked up to you and said, "Would you like to have a drug?"

Yeah, I think they said "Madame" first. "Madame, may I offer you a drug of any variety?"

In middle school?

Yes.

Did they ever try to steal your car?

I wasn't driving in middle school.

What about your covered wagon?

Yeah, all the time.

That sucks, they take forever to build. But really, you were offered drugs in middle school?

Yes, they had drugs in middle school.

I think you mean "elixir." They called them elixirs back then.