Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jun 6, 2011

Fast Like Slugs

Me: Ninja Truck, it's hot.

Ninja Truck: Yeah

Me: Can you do something about this?

Ninja Truck: AC is broken. Roll down the windows.

Me: But it's still hot. Especially when we're stuck in traffic.

NT: Sorry, yo.

Me: Let's fix the AC.

NT: Whatevs (he's really quite the linguist, no?)

_____________________________________________________________________

Me: There, you are now the proud recipient of of R-2938753984752 or whatever makes the AC work.

Ninja Truck: Yeah.

Me: So make it colder, bitch!

NT: Ok :::blows some non-hot air:::

Me: That's not cold.

NT: Gimme some more of that stuff.

Me: No. You're an addict. Just make it cold now.

NT: Can't.

Me: Fine...not-hot air is still better. Let's go.

NT: Nah.

Me: What? Go, dude...people are waiting.

NT: I'm fast like lightening. I'm still zero to sixty in 4.3.

Me: Minutes,  Ninja Truck, those are minutes. 4.3 minutes isn't a thing...it's just slow.

NT: Well, you get one or the other. Speed or not-hot air. Which would you like.

Me: Both. I require two things out of my vehicle -- going and coldness. I don't even ask you to retain oil like a normal truck. All I ask is that you go and that you make it not hot.

NT: Gimme some druuuuuuugs. I want some more of that R-92837429380295826092384502394683024957820349803582093482039850293458

Me: Fine. Then will you go?

NT: Nope. But I'll do the whole not-hot thing until I need another fix. Hey -- stop and grab me a couple quarts of oil on your way home, would ya?

Me: Are you serious? You have a problem.

NT: Just do it. Or I will sit in this driveway forever more.

Me: This is why I'm afraid of commitment, Ninja Truck.

NT: Just get me the oil and the drugs.