Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jun 28, 2011

Summer Update

Interestingly (not really), all the spare time we've had over the summer break has made me way too busy to write. My days are very full of figuring out where my kids are and wondering how many days in a row it's ok to have potato chips for breakfast before I have to go to the store.

It's also really hot here. I'm thinking of taking up an addiction in order to spend the rest of the summer in rehab...they have air conditioners there, right?

Dalton was telling me about a trip to Walmart with his dad...

     Dalton: We went to Walmart, and there was this, like, four year old girl walking around in a bookini.

     Me: Really?

     Dalton: Yeah, I mean, how stupid? She was four!  FOUR! In a BOOKINI. What is wrong with people?

He is entirely too judgmental for someone who can't pronounce bikini properly.
One set of neighbors moved away while my kids were at their dad's this past weekend. Everyone, with the possible exception of Donovan, knew they were leaving and had already said their goodbyes.

Today, sitting on the porch, Donovan pointed to their house and said "The Emilies left." (That wasn't their name, but the name of their daughter.) I said, "Yeah, they moved, didn't they?" He made the saddest face and said, "Yeah....they're dead."

Also, I was sitting out on the steps the other night after the kids had gone to bed. Donovan opened the door and stepped outside. He didn't see me and proceeded to pee on the porch from the doorway. This explains his excellence in potty training -- it simply hasn't happened. Porches = cheaper than diapers, is my point.

And finally, I will be single someday, I will be single someday, I will be single someday. So far, I have agreed to give up half my own furniture, any and all child support, and both kidneys. Shiny-Haired Lawyer says I don't have to agree to all of that, so he's gonna file some papers to that effect. I don't really care at this point. Eventually, I'll be single, broke, sitting on half a couch, and connected to a dialysis machine, and THEN we're gonna party, yo! (Can you get one of those dialysis thingies into the club? I NEED TO KNOW, INTERWEBZ!)