Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

May 6, 2011

Mothers Day Goodies

Today I was treated to Mothers Day Tea with Dalton, which was totally adorable.

He made a picture of me.
Note the detail of the wood floors and my awesome ripped up jeans.  My son knows me well.

Huston made me a book that was mostly about my chocolate chip cookies.  Each of the boys also made various things that listed things about me.  All three of them included "cool," which, of course...look at those jeans.  Huston's also said "cookies," so I'm not sure that he realizes that there is much more to me than cookies.  Warrick said "hero," which he explained to me was because he didn't have room to write "tomboy". 

I love my kids' takes on who I am.  

After the tea, we had to rush Dalton to the doctor because he had some weird spots on him.  I crossed paths with a woman who had four little girls and our kids got all mixed up on which mom to follow so we each just grabbed the right number of them and called it good. I think I made it home with the same kids, though, including my niece...at least, I haven't had any freaked out phone calls from my sister about dropping off the wrong kid, so pretty sure it's all good.

Then, we went to the pharmacy and drove home in the dreaded rush hour traffic, which caused this:


And I'm off to do the same.