Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

May 10, 2011

Not Sure What this is About

I thought yesterday was scary, but today beat it.  I got into a little argument with someone who I do my best not to fight with, and I don't ever want to do that again.  But I probably will.

Comes with the circumstances, I guess.

I also finished all my work for the rest of the year at school, so I get to spend the next four weeks doing the All Important Sitting in a Chair to finish the semester, or else I will get suspended.  It makes sense, really.  They are trying to prepare us for the workplace, and as of yet, I am the only student who hasn't figured out how to waste an entire day on Facebook and hide it from the boss.  This, I hear, is an important corporate skill.

:::sigh:::  almost there....almost there....

The kids are excited for the end of homework and waking up early, which, hell yeah!  I can't wait, either.  It looks like we're going to spend the summer converting Ninja Truck into a water-powered vehicle.  Or can cars go on screams?  Because when the kids are in the car, there is always a surplus of screaming.  Or maybe hair.  Donovan always gets out of the car with a fist full of hair he pulled out of one of the girls' heads.  Anyway, something more inexpensively replenishable, is my point.

My roses are blooming.  The first time I saw my house, there was this beautiful rose bush covering the fence, and it was a large part of my falling in love with the place.  It quit blooming the week we moved in, and I have feared for its life ever since.  I am no green thumb, and can kill plants just by association.  Anyway, it looks like it'll be in full bloom by tomorrow, just in time for tornadoes, so I'll try to snap a pic before the flowers blow away.

And I think that is all for today.  Except this piece of advice: never fight with your mother-in-law on the same day you have to get groceries.  It makes you all stabby.