Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

May 5, 2011

Lawn Fairies

I did stuff today that nobody should ever have to do.  For instance, I took the kids to Walmart.  Also?  Other stuff. 

I had to keep reminding myself that public meltdowns are lots of fun, but never for the person doing the melting.

Then, I came home to ALLLLL the grass being cut.  I haven't had a minute to spend working on the lawn since it started growing again.  The most I do outside is make sure the front porch is swept, and even that is sporadic.  I had sort of given up, thinking that school is three weeks away from being out; and I would have all the time in the world to beautify my surroundings after that.

Coming home to such a huge task being done made up for pretty much everything I've been through over the last couple months.  Also, there was a note on the door that said "Happy Mothers' Day."  Assuming it was my neighbors/landlords, this isn't even the nicest thing they have done for me, and I am reminded of what a huge blessing this house and the people who live near it have been for me and the kids.

I think I am done with being angry and depressed.  At least for now.  It's the little things that make all the difference.  As much as I try to live by that, I really needed a reminder in my life right now.