Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jul 15, 2011

Bits and Pieces and No Parts

Tomorrow, my kids leave for twelve entire days. I am predicting a major freak-out on about day four. Me, not them. But my house will be so clean! But I'm probably going to throw laundry and goldfish crackers all over the place just so it feels like home. But my truck will be clean! But it is currently sans wheels in the driveway. But WHATEVER.

I plan to clean and buy groceries in peace. I also plan to sit in the driveway and supervise the dudes of fame while they fix Ninja Truck. Not that they need the supervision, but I figure I should watch anyway, because how many other times in my life do twelve guys show up in my driveway with coolers full of beer? Never.  That's how many times.

They took the truck apart tonight, but due to my failure to obtain the parts (which was due to the fifteenth time Donovan pooped his pants in one day), they couldn't really fix it all the way. I assume, anyway. I'm pretty sure driving without ball joints is exactly what the original problem was in the first place. (That's what all the scraping sounds were and also why the driver's seat was sitting directly on top of the parking lot.) Get some ball joints, is my point -- they're necessary.

After my truck is fixed, I need to get the AC fixed also because 110 degrees means that I can't show up anywhere before 10pm without being half melted. Half melted is better than all the way melted, but still not as good as not melted in any way whatsoever. Trust me on this...it's not good for you. Or anyone who has to be around you. You get all your melty pieces on them and they get all pissy about it and it just turns into a big disaster.

I watched my baby cousin today and only hurt her face one time. She's still mad at me for it, and when her mom got here she went all "AAAAH! MOM! Guess what they DID!!!!" And I was all "She totally started it!" And since the baby can't make sentences yet, her mom totally believed me over her so I won that one. Except now she knows where I sleep so you can bet I'll be keeping one eye open for the next few nights.