Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jul 12, 2011

Simultaneous Surprise Low-Rider Ninja






As I was innocently driving the kids to bible school this evening, Ninja Truck decided he was done with the whole "being on wheels" nonsense and just jumped off of them.

I heard this horrible scraping and managed to turn into the parking lot before he gave up and quit going. I got out, fearing for a tire, and discovered this:
It's hard to tell, but trucks don't belong at that angle. There was no tire involved...but the frame was on the ground. I don't know an awful lot about cars, but I think the framework pretty much belongs somewhere higher than the tires.

I had to call my brother Anthony who kindly left a bucket of beer in the presence of some friends and called AAA for me. My coffee date with Tracy was doomed, as we waited two hours for the tow truck to show up. Tracy drove me to get coffee at the gas station and we hung out in her car, smoking ciggies and waving at Baptists.



AAA has a truck that WALKS (which apparently is Ninja Truck's plan, what with the forgoing of wheels and such). It walked under my truck and picked him up. In the shot above, you could hear Ninja Truck screaming, "OW!!! My bumper! My FACE!!!" I told him he deserved it. He said it was a lifestyle choice and there was nothing he could do about it...he was born to not be on wheels and he wasn't going to continue the farce of driving around on those horrid things anymore.

I'm all for diversity and everything, but no truck of mine is going to be running around on its framework. We argued and fought for the rest of the evening. For now, Ninja Truck is grounded.



Literally.