Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jul 11, 2011

I Have No Feelings. And I Can Talk. Shut Up.

When it's 110 degrees outside and your air conditioner doesn't work, you shouldn't try to get groceries. I dropped the kid off at bible school this afternoon and went to the store planning to have enough groceries in the house until their next visit with their dad. I bought twelve different kinds of fruit, twenty gallons of things to drink, and some ice cream. Nothing else. I think fruit will work for breakfast and lunch, but I'm not sure how many nights I can get away with ice cream for dinner. I'm not going back, though, because I'll just stock up on lemonade, which was gone before I even got home to unload the groceries.

We stopped to put gas in Ninja Truck tonight and Donovan's window was rolled down and he was yelling at everyone in the parking lot. "HEEEYYY! WHAS YO NAME?????" This guy walking out beside me was cracking up and Donovan was telling me to move the truck so he could see better. It was attracting quite a bit of attention, to the embarrassment of his older siblings.

As we pulled out, Madilynn was lecturing him on talking to strangers. She said, "I didn't tell him not to talk to the guy for two reasons. One was because mommy was right there, and also because I didn't want to hurt his feelings." Donovan had an inexplicably adverse reaction to her statement.

Donovan: I don't have FEELINGS!!!!  I'll talk a BUNCH! YOU STOP IT, MADILYNN! AAAAHHH!!!!!" :::spits on Madilynn:::

He earned a couple swats or a grounding for that, but I couldn't do anything because I was laughing so hard. Don't tell him he has feelings. That boy will talk a bunch...whenever he WANTS.  Dammit, yo! Why do people gotta mess with him anyway?

BTW, Ninja Truck is grounded for using enough gas for Donovan to make forty friends in a parking lot while we fill the truck up halfway.