Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 19, 2011

I Don't Even Know

School has started and things have become crazy again. It's 10:00 and we just got done with homework. :::sigh:::

In other news, I got a job. Did I tell you that? I got a job playing pranks on Google. Or something like that. Also there is writing, so it's pretty much awesome. The un-awesome thing is that jobs want you to work and stuff. So for the last few weeks, I've been working from homework time (10 pm) to bedtime (2 am), and on Saturdays until I am done. This leaves little time for remember the funny stuff that happened to me while I was doing homework and Google pranking.

My sister sent me a picture of my little niece Boo, all dressed up in a Wonder Woman costume. Since my niece isn't as old as I, she doesn't know who Wonder Woman is. So she's going by...

Du-du-du-DAH!!!! SKIRTY GIRL!   This continues to crack me up every time I think of it. Change the rules all you want, society, my niece is still Skirty Girl.

My kids' school has been totally screwing with me. Shocker, right? If you wonder why they want to mess with me, I will totally admit it's because I'm still a rebel and I hate their rules. Probably if I would just let my kids to go class in peace there wouldn't be a problem. But I just can't do it, yo. I think that over nine hours a day of sitting in a desk is for boring people grown-ups. Not for children. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Anyway, so the school has me pegged as a troublemaker and they are determined to make me see things their way. Except I hate when someone makes me do anything. And it causes a switch to flip in my brain which keeps me from being able to wake up to an alarm clock. See how this works? The more I get griped at, the later we will run each morning, because my brain HATES RULES.

I am going to take the kids to the fair tomorrow. We are skipping class, and we gonna party. As long as party means eat fried things on sticks and come home with aching feet cotton candy in our hair. But if my kids don't stop their bedtime party, I'm not taking them anywhere. This is why I have time to blog right now -- I can't work if six people are sitting right by my desk whining about how they can't sleep.

I have to ask, why would standing up and whining make is easier to fall asleep? I want to know. I asked the kids, but they just whined even more. They suck at philosophical questions. But for now, they are whining in bed instead of at my desk, so I'm back to work.