Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Sep 26, 2011

Tweets and Emergencies -- Both Fake

If you are on Twitter, you have to check out this site. It mashes up your previous tweets and makes them into wonderful things...I first saw it on The Bloggess, so props to her for giving me a new internet toy! Here are some of the suggestions I got:


The return of Huston's blanket fort, children to vote!

New Truck needs a chicken attack.

There comes a name! Working and do what I say already.

So far, today involved broken windows, the two?

Time to take a time in melted crayon, and putting children covered in life when you have to take a time. (I vote this one Most Profound)

There comes a time in the two thumbs, speaks a good look at yourself and putting children to vote!

Time to take a little French, and a name!

Working and putting children to take a liquor license? (This one I vote for Best Life Hack EVER)

Time to take a good look at yourself and wonder...how did I get here? And do what I say already. (This one is just true.)

Ok, so that was fun.

I took the kids to the fair the other day, and we were there for ten whole hours. It was so much fun! I don't know if all fairs are like this, but in our state, you get a People of Walmart parade as you walk around. Since that site already exists, I don't have to go into detail about that.

But I do have to tell you guys my one People of the Fair story. We were walking through a building when the alarm system sounded. It was a pretty tame alarm sound -- some beeping like when the security thing gets you at Walmart even though you didn't steal anything; then a woman's voice asking everyone to calmly leave through the nearest exit, there had been an emergency. Not really a big deal, I figured someone pulled the fire alarm or something. None of the employees were freaking out, so I was just doing what the robot told me: walking calmly to the nearest exit.

The next thing I knew, some woman came crashing through my family, using my children's heads to propel herself forward and yelling, "I don't know WHAT it is, but there's an emergency and I'm GETTIN' OUTTA HERE!" My kids were like, "Chill, yo." And I was trying to be mad at her, but I was too busy laughing at her. There is nothing worse than proving that you are a horrible person in the face of a fake emergency.