Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jul 13, 2010

Puff the Magic Ford F-150

My Dad has a magic truck.  Actually, he has had quite a few of them. 

He worries when we get on the road when it is snowing, because our vehicles could never possibly make it down the road when there is the slightest bit of frozen water anywhere on Earth.  In Oklahoma, icy roads do become a problem, because it happens so seldom that our state isn't really equipped to take care of every road every time.  So, as far as that goes, my dad is probably right, in a vaguely over-protective sort of way.  HOWEVER, it's lucky for all of us, because his magic truck can ALWAYS drive on ANY road.  And the truck before this one, all the way back to my grandpa's old Chevy (even though it was a Chevy, which is clearly a lesser truck).  That truck is the only one that won't slip, slide, or roll, and it also impervious to the slipping and sliding of other vehicles.

One time, when I was a teen, my dad's truck magically drove itself around for 200 miles, then parked itself back in our driveway, and told my dad that I did it.  The thing is, I had my own car, which I loved, and no reason to steal my dad's...but my dad insists that the mileage was 200 miles higher than it was when he went to sleep that night, so that's how I know it's magic.

My dad takes very good care of his yard, and he mows religiously, more religiously that he does religious stuff.  (Not really, but just as much.  It's serious business.)  If other people park in my dad's yard, they leave The Ruts.  So, when the driveway is full (which happens at least weekly) and people start parking in the grass, it causes my dad to start shaking his head and snorting and pointing to a parking spot over there.  If the offender doesn't move, my dad will chase them all over the yard and tell them all about The Ruts and The Lawn, and how they need to quit tearing up his yard, even if that means they just go home.  BUT....Puff is allowed to park in the grass.  Puff drives all over the grass.  Because he never leaves The Ruts.  Because he's magic.

Puff has a friend in Laffeyette, and they have a pen-pal thing going, only instead of letters, they exchange a little Mr. Bill doll.  If that doesn't proove he's magic, I don't know what does.