Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jul 27, 2010

Just Say No to Drugs

Last week, I was driving around town with the kids and we passed a drugstore.  This prompted all kinds of questions about what a drugstore is, why it's ok to sell drugs if drugs are bad, etc.  My kids are a little young for the drug talk, but I just answered their questions honestly and hoped that it was the beginning of many open discussions in the future in which I would be super-mom and my children would ask my permission and respect my authority and never ever ever do drugs.

In the middle of this talk, I was pulling into a gas station, trying to find a place to park.  There was a police officer at a gas pump, which I drove around to get to my spot.  We were about three feet away from him, windows down.  My youngest daughter (who has no inside voice AT ALL), yells "Mommy, look!  A police!"

I kind of giggled and continued driving.  Just as a made it around the pump and was in full view of the officer, the son who was sitting nearest him hollered through his open window "Yeah!  Mommy!  Don't buy DRUUUUUGS!!!!"  I almost died.

I have never almost never never bought drugs.  Apparently, our talk pretty much had the opposite effect of what I wanted.  My kids seem to think that it's ok to buy drugs from a drugstore (and possibly a gas station), as long as you don't take them, and as long as you NEVER do it in front of the police.

Awesome.