Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 10, 2009

What Counts

I am not creative today.  I made a list...

What Makes it Worthwhile

The sounds a newborn baby makes when it is sleeping.
The words "I love you, Mommy."
Funny kid-quotes
Holding a sick child who has been too big to let you hold them for the last two years
Bedtime prayers
Playing in the snow
Singing in the car
Hugs and kisses
Flowers, weeds, leaves and grass picked just for me
Presents wrapped in sheets
Shows in the living room
Christmas morning
New discoveries
Watching them take their first step
Taking a nap with a two-week-old
"I missed you, Mommy" when you were gone for an hour
Reading stories
Making up stories
Nonsense conversations with a child who woke up in the middle of the night
Lullabies
Naptime
Watching them become who they were meant to be
Slumber parties
Baking cookies
Walking to school
The park
The zoo
Falling in love six times a day
Getting my hair done by a two-year-old
Noisy evenings
Dinner companions
Riding bikes
The smell of baby lotion
Watching them charm my parents
Tickle monsters
Butterfly kisses
Bear hugs (and tiger hugs, and lion hugs, and puppy hugs...)
Something new to laugh about every day
Baptisms
Midnight mass
Funny prayers
"Mommy, sing me a song"

These are a few of my favorite things.