Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Apr 19, 2011

potpourri

Yesterday kicked my bootay, which is kind of pathetic, because nothing really went wrong.  It was just an alarmingly long day, and I had to go to the bank, and I hate my bank so much that I don't even want to have to go there to mess with closing my account, so I just avoid going there until my debit card quits working.  I went to put more money in the account, which apparently takes 45 minutes.  You would think people who work in a bank would have a lot of experience taking money and would be a little bit more fast about it, but they're not. 

We are also going on week eight (I think) of the ex being in the hospital, which really sucks because the kids aren't understanding why they can't talk to their dad, and why they can't go see their other grandparents, and in all honesty, there just aren't answers for those questions.  Do you know how exhausting it is to have to answer questions for which there are no answers?  Because if there's one thing kids can do really well and without stopping, it isn't chores or homework but it is definitely asking question.

Also, it seems that I have finished all of my easy courses at school, and now I have to do a bunch of hard stuff.  I am working on corporate accounting, two words that can make someone fall over from tedium by merely being in the same sentence together. 

I don't like corporations, yo.  Not because of the evil empire take over the world thing, but mostly because they require a lot of counting and stuff. 

This is why I can't seem to write more often.  When I sit down, I am suddenly tempted to Google "calculating amortization on 20% of the premium on bonds payable" just to see if it's actually a "thing" or if it's a trick.  Because seriously, does that sound like a thing?  And does it really seem like something I should know how to do?  I say never retire bonds early -- make the world a better place for the people who have to count everything.