Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Apr 14, 2011

Answer Your Phone, Is My Point

I'm MannyRee, and if you know me personally, you are probably in the hospital or a missing person right now....

Today, we lost my mom.  I mean, she's still alive; we literally lost her.  Truthfully, she lost herself.  I had a million frantic calls on my cell when I left class, all of them siblings and all wondering if I knew where mom was. 

The first coherent sentence I got was "We found her car."  Which, frankly, wasn't reassuring.

One sister had found my mom's car in the parking lot at the hospital (which is where most of the people we know are located today), so everyone was feeling better until they still couldn't get her to answer a cell phone call or a hospital page.

I was sent to my mom's house to raid the neighbors' mailbox to find a last name, because that was the most likely person for my mom to be visiting right then, only we don't actually know her name.  So I did that, found the name, broke into my mom's house to see if her cell was laying around in there, then left.  When I came out the door, I saw a car pulling out of the nighbors' driveway, and turns out, it was my missing mother.

I told her how mad my sisters were, and she told me her cell had been broken.  I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but my mom was lost and now is found.

Then about three minutes later, I got a call from a different sister to go check on the last sister yet to enter this story, because her husband was worried because she hadn't been answering her phone.  So I woke up my VERY PREGNANT sister from a MUCH NEEDED nap to make her re-join the cell phone world.

The moral of the story is, no matter how badly you want to get away from my family, we will find you.