Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Apr 28, 2011

Recipe for InstaRage

I think I have a concussion.  From what I can tell about them, the only thing doctors can really do about them is talk, so rather than fork over the dough for an ER visit, I'm talking about it here.

I was putting leftovers away and barely hit my head on the freezer door.  Just a little tap, nothing, really.  But it hurt.  And it made me SO MAD.  I'm a pretty chill individual, but if you ever want to make me insta-pissed, hurt my head.  There is an anger trigger in my hair follicles, and if it gets hurt, I go all HULKSMASHEVERYTHINGICANSEE.  That was symptom number one.  Luckily, the kids were gone, so I yelled at the pork chops.

Symptom number two was that I couldn't see anything for a minute.

The third sign of concussion was the immediate need for a nap.  I don't think you're supposed to take those when you have a concussion, but I know you're not supposed to take them when you're a mom, so I didn't do that....as far as I remember.  There are about ten minutes missing from the evening, but it looked like some more leftovers got put away, so I am assuming I did that, rather than napping.

The fourth sign is that now my head hurts really bad, and also I was nice to some strangers.

Now that I've talked about it, I do think I'm feeling a little better.