Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Dec 18, 2010

Execution

Ha!

I've waited since the end of summer and I've finally found a way to be rid of you.

I hate you, you know. The way you sneak into every minute of my life, the way you are always there everywhere I look in my own home, the way you evade my efforts to get rid of you for good. But I've got you now, my pretty.

You have become such a constant annoyance that there are days at a time when I don't even notice you, only to have your presence rain down on me with renewed force. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you.

For years, you have been there, waiting in the wings, wanting to take over my life, but I held you at bay, until a few months ago. You took advantage of what I was going through, and you snuck past the wall I had built against you.

Today, when I was working around the house not really thinking of you at all, you jumped at me from behind the sugar tin. As I spun around, you were everywhere...on the bulletin board, on the fridge, on every shelf in every room of my house, under the table, in my car, in my bed, stuck in the cushions of the couch....and it dawned on me -- I can be rid of you! Mwuahahahaha!!!!

So I swept you away. Every memory of you is banished from my house. You didn't think I could do it, did you? But I did, because there is one fatal flaw in your plan, my friend...you forgot one detail.

It's the end of the freaking semester. All paperwork starts over from here on out, and I no longer have use for anything with any school letterhead at the top. So get out of my life, schoolwork. For two entire weeks I will be blessedly free of you and your need to come home with every person in my house to find a new place to hide. We are done with you for 2010.

Good riddance.