Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Dec 8, 2010

Confession

On the phone with my cousin this evening, there was some serious discussion about how many moms tell the real story about their day.

I have nothing to write about this evening, mostly because it's past my bedtime and I am sleepy, yo. So it's confession time...help me convince my cousin that there is no such thing as a perfect mommy, and that we all make mistakes, sometimes even on purpose.

My confessions: (and you all have to come out of hiding and leave your own stories in the comment box)

Just yesterday, I skipped reading any "Monday folders" and didn't even make my kids do their homework because I'm tired of their school taking up all my time. Also, I was mad at my kids and I needed to clean...furiously. So I cleaned their playroom and didn't sign papers and I feel great about it. I think I'm starting Christmas break from homework folders before we start our actual break. I am digging this tradition a little bit.

Once, when only my oldest was in school, I got so busy with the three at home that I completely forgot to pick him up in the afternoon. When the school called, I'm all "OMG! Where is their dad??? He should have been there by now!"

A few Sundays ago, I took a nap. I have no idea what my kids did. I don't want to know.

Last year, I forgot Emma's birthday until the morning of. I had to plan a party in three hours.

This year, I argued with Madilynn for thirty minutes because she thought she was turning six and I thought she was turning five. She was right.

I get excited when the kids have to take medicine that makes them sleepy, and I won't let them take it during the day -- only at night and I sit on the couch and giggle as they fall asleep without my intervention.

I bribe my kids for everything. I had to admit this today when a lady sought me out to ask what my trick was for getting them to behave at the store...she started in on how important consistency is and how I must be very strict...I had to tell her the truth. I let them pick out candy on the way out of the store. I am, however, pretty consistent on this.

Ok, your turn, Interwebz...what's your mommy confession?