Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 14, 2011

First Ever Review Post (Sorta)

Yesterday, I was oh so sick, which I deserved after the way I handled the other sick people in my life by saying "Quit whining and get out of bed." So I basically laid in bed and whined while Tracy brought me food and my mom texted me all day to make sure I was alive and my mother-in-law got the kids an extra few days.

Today, I feel like I was hit by a truck, but still much better than yesterday, which felt like being hit by a truck over and over for six consecutive hours. Much better, and now I'm done whining and back to hating on the whining of others.

Being sick without the kids in the house has been a new experience for me. I got to really be a baby about it, and not have to cook dinner or change any diapers. That meant watching a LOT of TV.

I got addicted to the series "Firefly" which is an amazingly nerdy and awesome show that was cancelled after one season. It ran on Fox in 2002-2003, and featured a world 500 years into the future where Earth had been depleted and humans were forced to terraform and colonize other planets. (Terraforming = almost as nerdy as accounting.)

Nathan Fillion plays the lead, in what is the best (and possibly only) blend of sci-fi and western action I have ever seen. Are you getting clues to how much of a nerd I am deep down? It also stars Adam Baldwin whom I have long had a crush on from his role in Chuck because of the fact that he almost never talks and exists only for extreme badassery.

So, day two of being sick and I have run out of TV shows to watch. I decided to download Serenity (the movie made after the show), because nerds download their nerdy movies and whatnot. I can't wait...this will be the best date ever - Gatorade, Tylenol, and Space Cowboys who are NOT Clint Eastwood, cause, not really a fan of ol' Clint, myself.

Hopefully, when I am well, I can write more than TV reviews for you, Interwebz, but for now, this is what you get.