Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 26, 2011

Party at My House

Saturday nights are wilder than ever now that I'm single again.

At the moment, I am drinking heavily trying to get enough of a buzz to get through the rest of the night. The coffee was a must, because it's cold in here and I was falling asleep at 6:30.

There are six people running the halls in various states of undress, hair all wet and piles of clothing scattered around the living room. Bath time at its finest, church clothes all set out and ready to be misplaced sometime between falling asleep and waking up. I am pretty sure there is a sleepwalking clothing-loser living in this house.

I told the kids to go to bed. Hijinks ensued. They are still ensuing. I am giving up.

Another thing I noticed today about being single is how bad headaches suck. When you're a single mom, you don't get to just have a headache. You say "I have a headache" and six thousand people scream at you. Or maybe six. Either way, though, really. And nobody tells them to stop except you, and they can't hear you because it hurts to be heard over them. And you don't get a nap or even to sit down for five minutes, because if you do, people are spilling orange slushie all over the floor you just mopped and pulling all the clean clothes out of the closet.

Also, when you're single, you don't get to be in a bad mood because you are in charge of the mood for your entire house. This applies even if you don't have kids. I hate when the house is in a bad mood, but sometimes, I just want to be bitchy and I can't. Hence the hateful post this evening...if I can't bitch up the house, I'll have to settle for bitching up the internet. Sorry, Interwebz, but something has to give here.

I am going to go to bed and hope they don't burn the house down before I wake up.