Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 29, 2011

X-Men in Daycare

Because nobody ever sleeps at my house and also there is a definite lack of chocolate due to the Lenten season, serious crankiness abounds. I think we all need therapy.


Maybe that will be our summer activity. It'll give the kids something interesting to talk about when they go back after the break. Last year, we went to the lake for two days, and they talked about that like we "spent our summer at our lake house".


Today, we only had three hours of homework, so we luxuriated in screaming about bed time during all that extra time we had. Donovan has pictures tomorrow at school (daycare). We are going to work on combing his Wolverine 'do into something more befitting a three year old trouble-maker. Although he does rock the Wolverine look pretty hard, I'm just not sure he will be so impressed with it when he looks back on pictures ten years from now. Especially because he usually attains that look by using macaroni and cheese as hair gel. Now picture it on a three year old, stained fake-cheese orange. Awesome, right? That's my boy. Unfortunately, his nails aren't quite there yet and he's still working on the glare. This face was more of an "I know I asked for those green beans, but why the hell didn't you realize I'm only three and don't know what I want" look. (Photo by: Tracy the Famous Italian Cousin) But like I said, he's working on it. Anyway, if I clean that gunk off his face and remember he hates green beans and break out the comb and hide the mac and cheese....he should be just fine for pictures tomorrow, right?