Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 21, 2011

Chats with Shucks

Shucks: Can I have your dinner, please?

Me: No. Get out of the kitchen.

Shucks: Ok. I'm just going to sit here and watch you eat.

Me: Don't.

Shucks: I'm just looking at you. Because you're pretty. Not at all because I want your food.

Me: No. Get out of the kitchen and stop whining.

Shucks: I'm not whining, that's dinner music. For you.

Me: You can't have this food.

Shucks: Good, because that is precisely what I don't want...that food right there.

Me: You're breathing on me. Don't breathe on me while I'm eating. Or ever.

Shucks: I'll scoot back a little if you give me a bite.

Me: No. Get out.

Shucks: Joking! That was a joke! hahahahaha! I don't want your food. I'm guarding you.

Me: Mmmmm.....this is really good. A dog would love this food. But you're not a dog. You're a cat. And a fox. You're a....well, there's no good way to combine those two words, but that's what you are. If you were a dog I would give you a bite.

Shucks: Good thing I'm not a dog, because I don't want a bite of that. It looks gross.

Me: It's not gross...it's sooooo good. It has bacon.

Shucks: That wasn't drool you just saw...I was...crying. Out of my mouth. Crying tears of joy out of my mouth because I don't have to eat disgusting bacon.

Me: It has chiiiiiicken....

Shucks: I gave up chickens for lent.

Me: It has cheeeeeeeese....soooo yummy....

Shucks: Cheese? And bacon, huh? And some chickens in there, too? Sounds....gross.

Me: Good, because I'm not sharing.

Shucks: :::Super Death Bark:::

Me: nope.

Shucks: I was talking to the kids. Warning them not to eat the bacon and chickens.

Me: Sure you were. Go outside. You're weird. Don't be weird at the table.

Shucks: Really? That's a rule now? I don't want your food, yo!

Me: :::throws bacon at the dog:::

Shucks: :::eats bacon in mid-air::: Gross! Yuk! Can I have more???

Me: No.

Shucks: Fine. :::sulks away:::

Me: ::::continues dinner:::

Shucks: :::sneak attacks Donovan's plate and eats all the chicken:::

Me: I thought you gave that up for Lent.

Shucks: No. Beer. I gave up beer and smoking.