Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 24, 2011

Fourth Grade is a Jerk

I have been owned by Warrick's fourth grade state project. I had to read the assignment 12 times, and I'm still not sure we did it right. I can't imagine what my son was thinking as he was trying to figure it out on his own.

I am done with school projects until next year. I don't want to do any more homework or anymore artwork. I would like to have just one family meal without papers spread all over the table. I want to go for a walk after dinner instead of searching for pencils and crayons and glue. I want to sit out on the truck and watch the sun set. Do you see the negative way in which my kids' homework is affecting our well-being? Do ya? Stupid homework.

Warrick gave me a hug and told me he couldn't have done it without me and thank you. I cried. So maybe the homework brought us closer together, but could we honestly not have bonded over a beer just as well? I'm just sayin.

In other news, I got word that the kids' dad may be "inpatient" for another six months. If Donovan isn't potty trained by then, I call dibs on the next hospital stay.

He is the last kid in diapers, and he's hanging onto them for dear life. I was kind of hoping the day care would do the training, but apparently not. We are stocking up on skittles and undies and staying in this weekend to see what happens. I keep telling him to use the big boy potty, and he says "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh", but I don't think he's really getting it, or else he doesn't understand what "Ohhh" means. Either way, no success so far. If it doesn't work, I'm going to teach him to change diapers so either way, win for me.

This is a pointless, rambling post, showcasing the utter brain-drain that results from countless hours spent on an Alaskan deca-ball project (I know, I just made one and I still don't know what it is), so I'm going to sleep.

Good night.