Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 20, 2011

hollahollahollahollahollahollaholla

This week has been absolutely crazy. My plans for a relaxing spring break were not realized, but I think the kids had a good time, so I guess that's what counts.

I went out to the local hole in the wall bar with my oldest brother this weekend. I messed up his pool game, but he still hung out with me. Nothing like brothers for sticking with you. Also, nothing like being the driver for people sticking with you, either.

There was a dude there who told me he was gonna' have to "holla'" after he asked if I had a boyfriend. I don't like being holla'd at (or on or with whichever thing you do when you holla'). I tried to brush him off with the claim that I had enough kids to scare anyone away. He said "Oh, I love kids...I can support 'em. I'll support those kids, I'm an electrician." Clearly, the man was very drunk. He hadn't even asked for a phone number, yet was offering to support my kids.

A friend of his came to drag him away, and he told me he needed to get my digits first. I said that if digits had anything to do with holla-ing, I didn't have any. His friend thought I was very funny, but the electrician thought I was mean. I wasn't mean, only confused. I am obviously too old for that scene and have no desire to keep up with the lingo.

I stayed out until four that morning, and stayed up until six. When I went to bed, I left my phone out in the living room and woke up to about forty missed calls and eight thousand text messages from everyone who had my kids. I was scared until I realized only one of them was trying to find me for anything having to do with the kids, and the rest thought I had died. That's what happens when you get the flu after drinking one night...nobody believes that you can hold your liquor, and everyone thinks you're dead when you're only sleeping in. Never get the flu when people can mistake it for a hangover. Just don't do it. You'll never live it down.

That about sums up what this week has been like, which, if that doesn't explain why I haven't been posting, throw the kids on top of it and add some lack of sleep. Tomorrow is Monday, so if that doesn't give me some complaint to blog about, I don't know what will.