Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Mar 22, 2011

The Reason for Everything, with Sparkles and Spikes

There is a bracelet. It belongs to me because one day I had ten dollars to my name, and for some reason, when have very little money, I have a desperate need to spend it on things for which I have no use at all. So I bought the bracelet.

It is a leather sparkly-spiked bracelet. It looks like this:


It clearly says that the wearer is amazingly intelligent, not too old for it at all, and totally into being attractive and stylish.

To further that point, I wear it upside down, like this:

Because that's how I roll, yo....put the best parts where nobody can see them and the functional parts up high to show how excessively functional I am...and also how very sparkly I am if only you look under my wrists.

The ring is a bonus...it's actually two rings, because the one just wasn't accomplishing what I wanted, which was to border both sides of yet another ring that says "FAITH", only I lost my faith ring, which is symbolic of absolutely nothing except maybe that I don't always put things were they belong. Anyway, I wear the rings in case I ever need to punch someone really hard in the forehead with my left hand, which happens a lot more often than you might think, but still less often than, say, Christmas. Still, you obviously don't want to make me angry.

Anyway, the point to all of this is that I lost my bracelet (again). I like to drive with the windows down, so I'm guessing the bracelet jumped ship because I hadn't been out of the truck yet.

Did I mention how much this bracelet means to me? As in, I would drive around for miles looking for it in ditches and possibly even attack 12 year old skater chicks because they may have one that looks almost similar, or not really at all similar unless you're driving 45 miles down a dirt road? Because that's exactly what I did for this bracelet today.

His name is Toby the Awesome Bracelet.

And he was lost.

I didn't find him in any ditches, and if there were a 12 year old skater chick who learned a lesson about talking to crazy old lady strangers today, it wasn't on her, either. I spent hours or maybe minutes looking for Toby.

Toby may not love me as much as I love him. Figures.

I found him sitting right by my computer where I left him because he isn't made for typing. Even though I specifically remember telling him to get in the truck when it was time to go. For that, he's not going out next weekend or next month or whenever the next time I have a spare evening may be. Although he probably won't mind, because the last time he went out, he was kidnapped by a woman who is wayyyy older than I, and I had to get my friend's husband to get him back.
Either way, as the only symbol of my utter awesomness, Toby isn't going to be worn anymore, which is symbolic of why neither my functionality nor my sparkliness are EVER seen outside my home (because I lose them when I bring them out, is my point.)