Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jan 23, 2011

Got a job

I got a job. And I wrote an entire post making fun of it. Then I realized that I shouldn't make fun of a job until after they pay me, so I can't post it.

The good news is that the job only lasts a few hours, so once it's done, I'll come straight home and post it. And it's from home, anyway, nay, on my computer, even. So it won't be a long drive and you can all laugh at my new job.

On a different note, I think we are over the flu, but I am considering taking one more day off school, because I feel worse now than I did when I was sick. Things would have been fine if my kids got the flu like normal people, instead of turning into HULKSMASHTHEWHOLEHOUSE while I wanted to just lay in bed and try not to freeze to death.

Otherwise, tomorrow is Monday, so really, things aren't going to start getting better till about 5:00 on Friday, when I plan to be doing tequila shots and karaoke as long as the kids will agree to sit in the car and tell everyone that mommy just went in for the bathroom. If not, then maybe their dad will take them and I will stay home watch the house stay clean, which unlike karaoke, requires no tequila to be fun.