Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Jan 2, 2011

New Year and Smartassery

Children are experts at backhanded compliments.

Emma loves to find reasons to come out of her room at bedtime, and most of the time, it's to tell me that I'm her best friend or how much she loves me and that way I can't get mad at her. Today during mass, I made her mad, so she leans over and says "You're the best mommy I've ever had....because you're the only mommy I've ever had; so you're also the worst."

Later, Dalton said something hilarious and I proceeded to write an entire blog post about it in my head, but I forgot it.

So anyway, happy new year, Interwebz. 2010 was my thirtieth year of being alive, and I loved being 30. The year itself was awful, but there is something cool about being 30.

One thing I learned last year was how in charge of our own destiny we are, even when life throws us a curve ball. I am done letting life happen to me, and this year is going to be all about becoming the woman I want to be.

Resolutions are boring, but since I can't remember what Dalton said, you get my list:
1. Quit smoking and don't kill anyone. Eventually, people. It just ain't happening this week. But it's on my list.

2. Join the new gym down the street and become HAWT. Not because I care about looks, but because I want to know I can.

3. After that, cook a ton of food all Paula Deen style and get back the back. Because "hot mamas" are scary, and nobody wants to eat stuff cooked by a skinny person.

4. Organize my house, beginning with a place to keep children where they are unable to touch anything.

5. Convince my kids that my cooking is truly superior to McDonald's.

6. .......

NEVERMIND...I remember what Dalton said!

The kids were being super loud in the car, and Dalton turned around and said, "You guys need to be quiet, you're being 'dickulous'." Oh, wow, I laughed so hard, because they were being ridiculous, but his way of putting it was just...better, for some reason.