Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Feb 3, 2011

Drama Queens

Being stuck in the house for the last week has reminded me of what drama queens kids can be, and how easily offended they are by absolutely nothing.

Here are some conversations that happened this week:

Donovan: I want some of dat.
Emma: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's THAT, not DAT!!!! :::smack Donovan upside the head:::

Dalton: :::sings::: I been workin on the rail road, allllll the ling long day...
Huston: DALTON! You're doing it wrong.
Dalton: That's just how I sing it.
Huston: Well it's wrong.
Dalton: You're wrong.
Huston: I can't be wrong.
Dalton: JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW TO READ DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE ALWAYS RIGHT!
Huston: Yes it does.
Dalton: :::throws Huston's lunch in the trash:::
Huston: I don't need to eat...at least I know how to sing the song.

All Six Kids: :::scream:::
Me: What happened?
Emma: It was a commercial.
Me: A scary one?
Warrick: No, just the show wasn't on for a second.

Me: See this little pile of stuff? I want you all to have that picked up in ten minutes.
Everyone: Ten minutes??? You're so mean! I hate you! That's not even my stuff! I'm moving out.

Needless to say, we are ready to go searching for Ninja Truck tomorrow and see how he drives in the snow.