Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Feb 17, 2011

Random Bits and Pieces, Because I Have Nothing to Say

The kids are finally going to see their dad tomorrow, which they are thrilled about. Also, I am even more thrilled because I'm 'bout to go NUTS.

I have plans to see my long-lost cousin and his wife, who is my long-lost roommate. They better wanna party even if they did just have a baby like ten minutes ago, because I am not even going to sleep until ... well, probably till Monday.

I am babysitting my other long-lost roommates little (like, really little) girl for the weekend, too. I don't remember a lot about infants, but I seem to recall there was very little sleeping involved.

My kids are all freaked out excited that we get to borrow a baby for the weekend, and I have to admit that I'm a little happy about it, too. I kinda like babies, and I haven't had one for a long time...like, long enough that I am not allowed to claim "baby weight" anymore.

I am a little nervous, because my house is pretty chaotic already, but when my kids were little, things were more calm. I am hoping that the baby brings enough calm for us all to share. Babies come with their own calm, right? And I hope she can clean a living room, because Madilynn has that chore this week, and girl is laaaazyyyy. She wouldn't pick something up off the floor if it was diamonds dipped in chocolate. She will, however, kick things under the couch.

Anyway, back to the weekend...I'ma party. With my old friends (these are The Gate friends, yo). Then, I'm going to sleeeeep. As long as I want. Then I am getting coffee at my favorite place for which my mother in law gave me a $50 gift card and that's a lot of coffee. Then I get the baby and my own kids for Saturday night. Then, I'm off Monday, but my kids got their day off taken away because of snow days, which means I get to be one of those people who stays home while their kids are at school for one afternoon. Also, it means that Monday will hardly exist this week, which pretty much makes it a perfect week.

What? Random blathering, you say? Yes, but would you rather I write some more poems? Pshhh.
Good night!