Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Feb 21, 2011

Bipolar Shoes

In the wake of OMGSIXSNOWDAYS, the kids' school has decided to extend the length of the school year over most of the rest of the year. Because they missed six days....like, couldn't they just write it up as all the kids were sick or something?

I live in a town of double income, career driven families. This is my first school fight with other-parent backup. Exciting, no? I wish they would get on board about the family projects and stuff.

I had an entire hour to myself today, so I filed my taxes. I got a congratulations for my awesome tax planning because I didn't owe anything nor did they owe me. I was all "yeah, I'm an awesome tax planner. My whole plan is called 'Make 1000 dollars for the Whole Year'...pretty sweet, yo."

So now, I'm relaxing and enjoying drama-through-text because who wants to just sit and relax on Monday evening when they can be called exciting names every few minutes by someone who is too scared to call because they know I can out-smartassery them? The answer to the question is most definitely "me".

I just have some scheduling issues, because if school starts earlier, then I really can't do psychotic texts at midnight...I could possibly squeeze them in while I am waiting in line to pick up the kids. That is pretty much my down time.

I now understand those people who throw parties for their divorce. Which is another life lesson: Don't judge someone until you've walked ten years in their shoes, and then spent another two years trying to take off their shoes while their shoes call you a bitch and stalk you and mess up your kids.