Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Feb 12, 2011

To Mardi Gras or Not To Mardi Gras?

We are trying to figure out if we can go to Louisiana for Mardi Gras this year.

Last year was so much fun. This year, I have a bigger truck, and my kids are one year older and easier to keep an eye on; but we also have school that week and if Ninja Truck breaks, we are in deep trouble.

Last year, we spent twelve hours driving. I had my friend Q with me, so that made it easier. This year, Q doesn't live here anymore, and I will be all aloooone.

Last year, we were following one of my sisters who was driving my mom's car. I was on the phone with her figuring out dinner plans. This is our conversation:

Sis: Oooooooooooooooo
Me: What?
Sis: :::sounds terrified::: Oooooooooooo
Me: Are you ok?
Sis: ....peanut
Me: Peanut? Is James in the car? (My nephew is allergic to peanuts, but wasn't in that car...that was the only reason I could think of to be scared of a peanut)
Sis: I found a .... PEANUT. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Me: What's wrong???
Sis: :::heavy breathing::: PEANUT
Me: :::starts laughing uncontrollably because what else could I do?:::
Sis: oooooooooooooo
My friend Q: :::cracking up just because I am::::
Sis: Oh, ok, so where do you want to eat?
Me: Wait...what's up with the peanut?
Sis: Oh, I'm scared of driving on bridges.
Me: And the peanut?
Sis: I was singing that song....you know..."found a peanut, found a peanut"...

So really, could this year top last year? Probably not.