Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Oct 20, 2010

I Didn't Mean It, Sorta'

I honestly didn't mean to rag on the rich folks yesterday. I don't hate money, or even the people who have it. I hate what it does to people.

I hate the assumption that someone with a "better job" is a better person. There is nothing that annoys me more than the realization that people look up to and are inspired by someone merely because of status.

There is a woman who has made a ton of money based on the fact that she is purty. So, I mean, she's rich and famous, that must equal smart, right? Let's give her a talk show. That way, she can share her brilliance for an hour a day, and the world will be a better place.

Except you know that "model look" that is supposed to be sensuous, with the eyes lidded and the lips slightly parted? Yeah, the one you make as you're staring at your computer screen? That is also a universal body language sign for "too damn dumb to shut my mouth all the way". And models have to perfect that look.

So, they gave her the talk show, and discovered afterward that the expression they once thought was sexy was, in fact, stupidity. Only "they" didn't really discover that -- I did. And when she does talk, she spews absolute nonsense and the idiotic audience just eats it up. Amazing. Maybe she's smart after all...who else gets to make money from being a mouth-breathing lunatic with a microphone? Not me, that's who. I get to do that on my blog for no pay at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can respect someone who made a lot of money because they were smart, and if they promptly forgot about the money and sat out on the front porch with a cold one. I don't respect the people who got smart because they had money, and then got a job drooling on the guests of their talk show. See? That's all I mean...harmless, really.

As for the money zoo? They must read my blog, because there were no keepers when I tried to take my kids to school this morning, so thank you, money zoo...maybe I was wrong about you.