Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Oct 4, 2010

:::yawns::: :::types words and falls asleep:::

Guys, I just can't write tonight.  I tried, I really did.  It was all about my enemies The Wasps, and it was sooo funny, but I'm too tired.  I can't think straight.

I am pretty sure now that looking at numbers all day long takes all the funny away.  Can numbers be funny?  I think not.  I screwed up my project this afternoon, trying to balance the books for this fake company.  They won't balance, and it's not freaking funny.  It was a little humorous when they almost balanced after one correction, only to go horribly in the other direction after the next correction.  Now I have to pull out all those receipts again and start over.  It's just not funny.

Also, my Taz screamed for over an hour in the car, and then got in some more time when she had to go to bed.

And Donovan wants his daddy, but his daddy is apparently asleep, and it's only me here.  And it's almost eleven and I can't convince him that he is old enough to just go. to. sleep.  Please.

The boys got in trouble for saying "bad words" at the neighbor's house, and got themselves grounded (I hear the "S" word and the "C" word were flying around.  Pretty bad.  Except that they obviously didn't learn it from me because it was "Shut up"  and "crap", which, I'm a little more expressive than that, thank you very much!)  Boys being grounded = boys being in my house all day with nothing to do and only one of them likes to read = mommy is really the one grounded.

We had chicken nuggets for dinner.  I used to be a good cook.  Now, I'm a good re-heater.  That's just wrong.  Chicken nuggets aren't dinner, right?  I can't wait for fall break, I'm making....dang it, I can't even remember what I know how to cook anymore.

Talked to an old friend on Sunday, which inspired yesterday's post.  That was good.  Then another old friend texted me an old pic of me with some guy who had his arms all around me, and I don't remember who in the world this guy is!  What is that about?  I was always in long relationships, so I never had some random guy I took pictures with.  I think it's this Polish guy I dated for like, one day.  He was so mannerly I couldn't stand it, and I love manners.  The thing is, I remember we went to the lake, and he tried to kiss me.  I moved away, and he said "It's rude for a man to make love to a woman without her permission, will you please take off your shirt?"  And I said "Take me home, buddy."  What's funny is he sent me a thank you card after he went home saying "...it was my the best evening in the states"...which means his trip must have sucked, because he was here for nearly a year, and I was kind of mean after the whole polite weirdness thing.  Maybe it was a translation thing, I don't know

So, I am sorry for my bits of randomness tonight, I am off to bed so maybe I can remember the wasp story for you tomorrow.