Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Oct 7, 2010

*Not* a Retraction

Ok, Interwebz...you and me are going to have a little chat.

I posted something earlier this evening that I wrote in about ten minutes, as I do all my posts.  I type them fast, I don't proof read, and I hit "publish".  I never even look at them again until the next day.

This is how I have to blog, because I am a perfectionist.  If I tried to evaluate everything I say, I would never publish anything at all.

Interwebz, I love you dearly.  I mean it. 

I poke fun at life, that is all.

I wrote my post tonight on the topic of people fighting on Facebook.  It was meant to be tongue in cheek and funny, it was not meant as some passive-agressive slam against the friends who happened to be "fighting" on Facebook that evening.  Interwebz, if you know me, you know that I am mostly passive, unless you hurt my kids or my friends.  Then, I am direct.

I wasn't calling ANYONE a bitch.  I used that word, yes, but by no means was I calling anyone that.

I am going to take that word out of the post, because after looking at the three fights that are taking place on my friends' pages, I can see how it would seem that I was trying to call names.

If you happened to read my post, and thought I meant to say anything bad about you, please forgive me.  I was not at all trying to do that.  I get a kick out of the Facebook fights, because people say things on the web that they wouldn't say in person.  That's it. 

IF I wanted to call names on my blog, I would.  You have all seen how small and ill-used my filter is.  However, I generally like people, and I am a sucker for getting along with them, so I don't really see myself ever wanting to call ANY of my readers anything bad.

Yes, there was one person who got slammed on this blog.  I think I also made it pretty clear who I was talking about.  I sincerely hope that my earlier post didn't hurt anybody's feelings.  If it did, I do apologize, and state now, for the record, that I was not in any way doing anything but poking fun at ALL of us.