Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Oct 25, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

I've decided to try to be more like my kids. They don't really let anything get to them.



Yesterday after church, I decided to ditch the housework and jump on the trampoline with them - play therapy or something. It kinda sucked, actually, so I told them to all get down because it was my turn. Then it was lots of fun until I realized I'm old and I had to give it up.



Today, during tell us one good thing that happened to you time, Huston didn't really have much to say. The rule is that there is always something positive to say and you have to think of something, so he said "Today, I'm happy that I didn't get eaten by a giant tarantula." So, the next time there's a Monday, at least you weren't consumed by overgrown arachnids, ya' know?



Which, basically is more than my sister can say for her Monday. She was ear-raped by a giant moth who laid eggs and also probably peed while fighting its way into her brain where he planned to build condos and move in all his mothy friends. That's a pretty bad day, if you ask me. However, giant tarantulas were nowhere in sight, so, silver lining, yo. (I put her on assignment to write a guest post...it was a pretty funny story for those of us who weren't in need of emergency moth extraction.)



So, clearly I got a little distracted by the moth thing. Understandable I think, no? Back to being a kid...

Ice cream fixes everything

When someone pisses you off, grab 'em by the hair and smash their face into something

Naps



Sounds good to me.