Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Oct 1, 2010

Emma, Queen of Everything

I think my daughter is part Tasmanian Devil.  I don't really know what those act like, except for Taz, but that's who she is.  She's all fine and sweet and loving until you make her mad, then she starts spinning and screaming and destroys anyone in her path. 

This happens every day on the way home from school, at least once at bedtime, and then usually another three or four times throughout the day. 

I'm not sure why she lets everyone get to her so bad.  Honestly, she's a lot like me, but people just don't piss me off like they do her.  I keep trying to get her to chill, but the doctor says she's too young for Xanax, and apparently, you get arrested if you give children alcohol, so I'm at a loss.

When she's not angry, she is full of hugs and kisses and conversation.  But all it takes is someone making a weird noise at her or looking at her wrong, and she's off.  So naturally, her brothers do these things as often as possible. 

I'm thinking cage match.  Every time they want to get her going, just lock 'em in a cage and let her go off.  But Google says that's illegal, too.  Damn Google, so judgemental.

I love that kid, though.  I always have a bond with the rotten kids, because they remind me of myself when I was a kid, and also myself now.  Watch out for this one, Interwebz.  She's going to kick ass, take names, and still be devastatingly beautiful when she's done.  If only she would knock it off when I'm trying to drive.