Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Aug 22, 2010

Favorite Quotes From the Weekend

"I just wanna'...put you on my spaghetti!" -- the woman in the bathroom who tried to make out with everyone

A conversation with my (other) niece:

Me:  Why were you being bad at church?

Boo:  Because my daddy put me with the spiders.

Me:  You're daddy put you with the spiders???

Boo:  Yes.  :::serious nodding and finger wagging::: That is a sin.

Everyone within earshot:  :::rofl:::

Me:  Yes, I think it is.  :::scandalized glance at her daddy:::

Boo:  :::pointing to crucifix:::  What is that on Jesus?

Me:  Those are nails.  Do you know why He died on the cross?

Boo:  Yes, we saved Him and He went to Heaven.

Me:  Well, He saved us so we could go to Heaven.  Do you think he loves you very much to do that for you?

Boo:  Yes.

Me:  So maybe if you're good in church that would be a good way to say you love Him?

Boo: ...

Me:  You think?

Boo:  Yes, but...Aunt Manny?

Me:  Yes :::feeling all smug and good-auntish:::

Boo:  Is Jesus wearing panties?

Luckily, when I have writer's block, I always have kids around me.