Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Aug 13, 2010

A Conversation with My Niece

Me:  Hey, dere wittle baby...how's da bebe?  Gooey goo?

Lacy (5 months, I think...I'm a bad aunt):  Waddup?  Look, I can make slanty eyes when I smile.

Me:  Awww, you're so cute!  :::pinches Lacy's toes:::

Lacy:  What are you doing?  I can't see them yet, but I'm pretty sure those belong to me. 

Me:  Bebebebebebe....is Aunt Mandy funny?  hahaha

Lacy:  Not really, but you're an idiot, which makes me laugh.  Ha.

Me:  Can I hold you?  Do you want to hang out with Aunt Mandy?

Lacy:  No, please.

Me: :::picks Lacy up anyway:::

Lacy: ...

Me:  See?  This is fun, isn't it?  You're so cute.

Lacy:  I know.  So where's my mom?

Lacy's Mom:  Do you want me to take her?

Lacy:  :::gets whiplash looking for her mom after hearing her voice:::

Me:  No, she likes me, she wants to hang out with me.

Lacy:  Mom?  Mom?  This crazy lady is making weird noises at me and she picked me up after I said no.  Please save me.

Me:  Hey, Lacy!  You don't want your momma...you wanna' see Aunt Mandy!

Lacy:  Nope, I think I want my mom.  She has those feedy things, and I could totally dig some lunch right now.

Me:  Ohhh...you're not hungry...we're gonna' play!  Yaaaaay!!!

Lacy:  If you don't either feed me or give me to my mom, I'll be sure you regret it.  I want my mom.  Now.

Me:  Oh, c'mon...don't you want to give your mommy a break?

Lacy:  Nope.

Me:  I know more funny noises...you like those, right?  :::makes funny noises which most babies find hysterical, because Aunt Mandy is awesomely funny:::

Lacy: ...

Me: :::different funny noise:::

Lacy:  Are you kidding me right now?

Me: :::one more funny noise:::

Lacy:  :::pukes down Aunt Mandy's shirt::: 

Me:  Aaaaah!  Dude!

Lacy:  :::laughs:::  Now that is funny.  Where's my mom?