Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Aug 12, 2010

Chat's with Shucks: 2

Me: zzzzzzzzz I'm so glad I get to take a nap!

Shucks:  :::outside, barking insanely:::  HEY!!!!!  COME GET ME!!!!

Me:  Shut up.  I'm napping.  You get to do this daily...for me, it's once a year.

Shucks:  No, really.  I need you to come get me.  I want to come inside.

Me:  No, it's nice out today.  Once I get out of bed, the nap is over. 

Shucks:  Pleeeeease?

Me:  Nope.

Shucks:  Pleeeeeease?

Me: zzzzzzzz

Shucks: :::most annoying bark ever::::

Me:  DUDE!  I wanna sleep.  What's your problem?

Shucks:  Um....monster?

Me:  No such thing.  Be quiet.

Shucks:  I think it's a monster.  It may be something worse, but I really want to come in.  Reeeeally want to come inside.  Now.  Please.  Right. Now.

Me:  No.

Shucks: :::more barking:::  I'm going to do this until you come get me, so you may as well get up and save me from the monster.

Me:  GAH!  Fine!  I'm coming to save you from the "monster" even though I know you really just want to nap under the computer desk.  :::throws blankets, stomps to door:::

Shucks: :::tangled up in his rope, unable to move, being attacked by goats:::  SEE?!?!?!?!  Save me, save me, save me!!!!  Please!  These monsters are getting me!  Look what they're doing.  Ohhhh, my dignity is gone, and now they're gonna kill me...::::starts sobbing hysterically:::

Me: Ok, I'm gonna' save you, but lemme go get my camera real quick -- this is hilarious!  :::Goats are gently head-butting the dog for no apparent reason, and he still can't move:::

Shucks:  You suck. 

Me:  Goats, will you please leave him alone for a minute while I get my camera? 

Goats:  No, we hate your dog.  He barked at us when we were trying to eat the rose bush.  We're going to head butt him to death.

Shucks:  Noooooo!!!  Monsters!  Scary monsters!  Save me!

Me:  Ok, fine.  No camera.  Goats, you need to go home.

Goats:  nah.

Me:  Yes, go home.

Goats:  Yeah, that's not gonna' happen so much.

Shucks:  Go home, monsters!  I'll Death Bark you!

Goats:  We are immune to Death Bark.  Prepare to meet your Maker, noisy dog.

Me:  Ok, this has all gotten out of control.  You guys need to go home, and the dog is going inside.  Go on, go home.

Goats:  No.

Me:  :::pushes goats out of the gate:::

Goats: We'll be back...we'll get you, noisy dog...

Me:  Shucks, what happened?

Shucks:  I'm not speaking to you, sleepy camera lady.  You suck.