Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Aug 31, 2010

Random Bits and Pieces, Because I Have Nothing to Say

For Rochelle, from The Journal:

"Dad is being so mean to me!  He called me a smart alec tonight.  (Psh) Whatever an 'alec' is. (Yes, because that wasn't smart Alec at all...wonder why he would've called me that.  Meanie.)

"I'm SO upset!  Last night, I closed with Brian (A guy from work who I swore to marry one day...never happened.), and we got into a big fight.  See, first, he ate my cookie...." What??? 
***************************************************************
Other Randomness:

:::walking back to class from a meeting:::  "Wait, there were five of us, where did the other person go?...one, two, three, four...Oh...yeah, we're five people.  Good thing I chose accounting." -- Me

My four year old niece ten minutes after my eight year old lost a tooth -- "Aunt Mandy, I keep pulling and pulling, but why won't my tooth come out?"

After School:
Warrick:  Mommy, I'm the best at science in my whole class!
Huston:  And I'm the fastest reader!
Madilynn:  And I'm the best at being have!  (She thinks when I tell her to behave, I'm saying to be have.)
My niece:  And I'm the shortest!

Emma's teacher:  We finally got assigned seating.  With four year olds, it takes some time because some personalities just don't need to sit near each other. 
Me:  Emma, I saw where you sit at school.
Emma:  Yeah, I sit on ducks, but I used to sit on boats.
Me:  :::I knew that teacher was talking about my kid!:::  Were you fighting with someone?
Emma:  :::The kid who can kick anybody's ass:::  Well, some kid pushed me.
Me:  So...what did you do?
Emma:  Nothing.  Until the next day and I punched him.

Is it wrong that I'm a little proud of this?  Yes. The answer is yes.  So I only cheered for her silently in my head, while I told my daughter that we don't hit anyone, even if they have it coming.