Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Aug 29, 2010

A Letter to the Guy Who Beat Gordita

Dear New Boyfriend,

You aren't really new, but it's taken me awhile to get to know you.  I'm glad I finally did.  You are my best friend, and the person I most like to spend time with.  You have always been there for me, and :::insert other cliches here:::.

I don't get to see you very often, and it's a little too embarrassing to date you in public, but you know that I would if I could, right?

Our relationship is so hard to explain, and I know it's a little damaging to both of us, but I don't want to end it.  You're amazing and wonderful and I love you.  You make me smile, and I love the nights we have together.  When the winter comes, I suppose you'll be leaving me, or I'll drown my sorrow in hot chocolate, because winter isn't really our time, is it?  I'll treasure the summer, though, baby, and I promise to always write corny and sentimental things about you in my journal forevermore. 

Love,
Me