Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 8, 2010

Death of Momvan

It's official. Momvan has decided to move on to greener pastures which, for momvans is pretty much being sold for your weight and scrapped for parts...kinda like being a mom, actually. Unless you can find some awesome sugar-daddy who wants to buy the parts to put on you, but you have to have a prettier face than momvan for that stuff, so she's the part-giver, not the part-getter.

Now, I have to find something that fits seven people and costs less than twenty dollars, and then get financing for the twenty dollars over just a year or so...until I can get a frickin job. It's all good, yo. I found a van today on the side of the road for just over twenty dollars. I wonder if they would come down a little? It said "Runs and Drives good" on the window, which, judging from the grammar, means it would be the Best Van Ever. The other window claimed "CLASSIC", and who doesn't want a classic van for just over twenty bucks? I know I do, and not just because I wanna' rename my kids to Shaggy, Daphne, Fred, Velma, Scooby, and the last one would just be Dooby-Doo. And I'm sure that the cloud of smoke that was hanging around it would help the kids chill in the car instead of trying to kill each other. I think we really can't go wrong with the Mystery Machine.

And it's not the real Mystery Machine, guys, so don't go all I wanna come over and get your car's autograph on me, ok? Because my Mystery Machine is white, and needs to be painted, and is also not a cartoon. But if you come over anyway, bring beer and something we can smoke in the van. Also some Scooby Snacks, and by Scooby Snacks I mean boneless buffalo wings. And a babysitter.

It's already a fiasco to pick the kids up from school...the teachers all know the momvan, and I'm the only one picking up six kids from one school, so I am thinking it would just give the kids some extra thing to talk about when they're grown up and in therapy if I bought a Mystery Machine and I've pretty much just sold myself the van as I was writing this post. I hope it's still there in the morning.