Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 16, 2010

Doin all the Right Things Wrong

Today I learned that I completely suck at not being perfect. Yes, that is what I learned, and yes, it makes sense.

I got a Bad Grade. And the fact that I am telling you, Interwebz, just shows what leaps of character I have made in my life over the last six hours, because when the teacher talked to me about it, I was gonna' punch her.

Well, I was going to punch her after I figured out how I could blame it on somebody else. See, the last couple low grades I got I was able to blame on DHS and stuff. This time, I don't really have much going on as far as stress, so I couldn't blame it on anyone else. Which sucks. Ya' know, because that means it was just me. Me? Yup...I'm still coming to terms with it.

After I decided not to punch anyone, the teacher laughed at me because she knew I was pissed, which, is it ever smart to laugh at the pissed person? I don't think so, but she's the boss, so I didn't yell at her or anything. She said "I knew you'd hate this. Um...did you read the book?" I'm all "Yes, I read the book....ok, well, no I didn't read the book. Because it was boring. Also, I already know how to do this. And also, the book was really, really boring." She laughed some more. I'm not sure why my demise was so funny to her.

As it turns out, I made corrections too early. Yes, I was supposed to pretend like I didn't see the mistakes and make all corrections later. So, since I made the corrections early, pretty much everything was off except for the final total. Which meant I only got about forty percent of it right. OR....I got a hundred percent of it right and the stupid book people messed it all up from the beginning...I'm not sure. Ok, well, had I read the book, I would have known that I was supposed to pretend like I didn't see the mistakes, which makes it all my mistake. There, I'll admit it. Psh.

I need a beer.

Anyway, My grade was bad. Very, very bad. I hate that. Especially because it got averaged in with all of my non-sucky grades and muddied up the water. Rude grade. That grade was an a-hole.

Luckily, my teacher is the opposite of an a-hole, so she's letting me do it over the "right" way. Psh again. Also, I have to read the stupid boring book. Grrr....even though I got a hundred percent on the test without reading it, I still have to read it. Actually, I'm not going to read it. That'll show 'em. I don't know who "them" are, but they shall be shown.

I also missed more points on all that Excel BS because I didn't bold some things. Really? Here, lemme show you. Would you like your titles to look like this:
NOT BOLD
or like this:
BOLD

Here's the deal...I like the bolded better, too, but I was copying off of a sheet of paper (not cheating, that was the assignment) and it was hard to tell if it was bold or not. The teacher couldn't even tell and had to pull up my document on the computer to check the format and see if I pressed bold or not. Yet, I have to do it over, because no, I did not press the freakin bold button. Grrrrrrrr....

She said "If your boss gives you a spreadsheet to recreate, and you miss something like this, you would be chewed out for it." I'm all "Really? That is the kind of job I'm training for? Because in my world, if my boss gives me a spreadsheet to recreate, I am going to ask him why the hell he didn't hit the little save button instead of having a stroke over my not hitting the bold button. But whatever, I'll go back and hit bold if it's going to make everyone happy."

Summing up today, I hate being wrong, I hate reading the boring book, and I hate the bold button.