Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 3, 2010

Still Working on It!

The last couple of weeks have been a little difficult.

I was actually doing much better when the ex was being an ass, because I can laugh when I'm mad...being a smartass is funny when you really mean it. But now, he's decided to be nice, so that leaves me no target.

I tried making fun of myself, but that hurt my feelings and then I kept myself up all night bitching at me, which meant I didn't get enough sleep, which meant that I've really been hell to live with today. Completely counter-productive.

My kids say funny stuff, but the thing is, I can't remember it by the time I get them to bed. At that point, I've heard "I have to go potty" and "I need a drink" and "Mommy, why are you pulling your hair out" so many times that the funny stuff just got lost in the shuffle.

Shucks is talking all the time, but I'm rarely home to hear him. We did have a chicken wander into our yard, strutting around just out of his reach. Shucks said "GET IN MY BELLY, YOU DAMN CHICKEN!!!" about four million times, but either the chicken didn't feel like it or doesn't speak dog.

So I don't really have much to say, is my point.

Oh yeah, totally re-obsessed with the Goo Goo Dolls right now...Pandora plays this song every time I pull in to pick up my kids...I need to know how Pandora knows where I am and why it feels like Iris is the appropriate song at that particular point...not that Pandora is wrong, just...well, it creeps me out.