Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 25, 2010

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving, Interwebz. I wonder how much turkey it takes to feed the Internet. Probably a lot.

Giant win today watching the parade with my kids. When the Rockettes came on, Donovan said "Look, Mama! That's you!" Yeah, Mama could so be a Rockette. This is why I don't post pictures of myself, I can convince you that I'm a Rockette. No, really.

We started dinner at my sister's house with the Cupid Shuffle. That is how cool my family is. And I told Donovan he was "totally lame" because he only wanted to hang out with his mommy all night, and now that's his new favorite phrase...you know how you spend all that time waiting for your kids to talk, then wish they would stop? Yeah.

This year, my kids went on a Thanksgiving strike and decided they didn't like turkey, dressing, or any type of casserole, and as we know, they are offended by mashed potatoes (because "they taste like mashed potatoes!), so they ate only bread and fruit. They just aren't American, my kids. Or maybe they were celebrating freedom from real food, I don't know. At any rate, I am no longer wasting half of Thanksgiving day in the line for food six different times. Instead, I'm bringing a loaf of bread and a bunch of bananas, setting them up a picnic table and I'll be all "lates, yo...I'ma go eat and I'll see y'all when it's time to go."

I'm hoping they feel the same about Christmas gifts. Santa broke this year, y'all...had to buy Mama a new Ninja Truck. I'm thinking of wrapping giant boxes...that's what they want to play with anyway. Maybe I'll be nice and throw in some bubble wrap. I think that covers all the bases...fun and noisy.

Well, Interwebz, time to move on to Advent, my house will literally be exploding with Christmas tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to put 2500 square feet worth of decorations into a 1300 square foot home. It'll be storming glitter in here.

Good night.