Quote of the Day

While you are destroying your mind watching the worthless, brain-rotting drivel on TV, we on the Internet are exchanging, freely and openly, the most uninhibited, intimate and, yes, shocking details about our config.sys settings. ~Dave Barry

Nov 15, 2010

Life Goal #15

What's up with texting?

I personally love it, but still. Is it just me or does it seem rude just to call someone anymore? I don't ever get phone calls anymore unless the person has texted me first to ask if it's ok if they call me. Of course it's ok! Didn't you call me every frickin day until last year when I finally got text on my phone? What's changed?

I mean, I don't mind if people ask before they call me, it's just that it weirds me out. Do I strike you as the type of person who would end our friendship over a spontaneous phone call? Is there something dark in my eyes that warns of certain death if you catch me off guard with the phone ringing with no preceding text tone?

Cell phones have changed our etiquette more than I can keep up with. I just don't get it anymore. Now I text all my friends before I call them, too, just in case I missed a rule somewhere. I don't want to throw off any one's day with an unscheduled phone call, even though it also seems to be appropriate to answer your phone no matter what you are doing. You know how they have those computer classes to teach the older generation how to use Windows or whatever? I think they should have celly etiquette classes for....well, young people like me who don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Enough of that, I just sound old and mean now, which, Life Goal #15? Check.

On the way home today...

Huston: You just aren't rough on the cars, which is why you got stuck in the snow that one time and had to have Uncle Robby help.

Me: That's because I'm a lady.

Huston: Well, sometimes you have to be rough to stay alive, so...good luck with your life, lady.